Praying For God To Reveal His Will
The office of Deacon is an office for service to Christ through the local church. While no one is perfect, in order to serve as an Active Deacon in Northside Baptist Church, a man should have the following traits evidenced in his life. He should:
- Have an assurance of his personal salvation.
- Be filled with God's spirit. Acts 6:3.
- Be active and faithful to the ministry and services of the church.
- Have compassion for the lost and be committeed to seeing them come to Jesus.
- Not be a gossip. I Tim 3:8.
- Create and preserve harmony in the church.
- Be able to keep in confidence those things which should not be discussed with others.
- Believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, without error, the source of authority for precept and practice. II Tim. 3:16.
- Believe in and practice "storehouse" giving. He must be a tither. Mal. 3:10.
- Not take part in dissensions and hindrances to the ministry of the church and shall move in God's spirit to stop any such activity by others. Acts 6, I Tim 6:4, II Tim 2:14, 23-25.
- Recognize the God-given spiritual leadership that is incumbent upon the office of the Pastor and serve under and support his leadership.
- Be sensitive to the needs of others and seek to meet those needs for the glory of God.
This Sunday, August 7th, Northside's members, who are at least 16 years of age, will be asked to nominate up to five men who you believe God would have serve as an Active Deacon in our church. Those nominated must have been a member of Northside for at least one year, be active in Sunday School and not presently serving as an Active Deacon.
Praying for God to reveal His will,